- ABOUT US
- CAMPUS LIFE
- GRADUATE STUDIES
Maine Maritime Academy
Staff, Support & Professional Position
Job Title: Accountant Date: October, 1991
Job Code: 1140
STATEMENT OF THE JOB
Employee performs accounting and clerical duties involving the creation, maintenance and disposition of Academy records. Employee must possess the ability to work independently in the accounting and bookkeeping areas.
1. Assists in the preparation of the annual Academy budget process and in the quarterly analysis of results.
2. Prepares quarterly reports for internal and external audiences.
3. Prepares journal entries, maintains records and reconciles general ledger accounts.
4. Acts as a liaison between the finance department and outside agencies in the reconciliation of accounts.
5. Operates a computer terminal and other electronic equipment.
This job description reflects the general duties of the job but is not a detailed description of all duties, which may be inherent to the position. The Academy may assign reasonably related additional duties to individual employees consistent with policy and collective bargaining agreements.