Student Health and Counseling Services enhance the educational process by:
- Modifying or removing health related barriers to learning,
- Promoting optimal wellness,
- Enabling individuals to make informed decisions about health related concerns, and
- Empowering students to be self-directed and well informed consumers of health care.
Health & Counseling Services include:
- Acute care
- Women's health clinic
- Preventive care
- Immunization clinics
- Personal counseling
- Drug testing
- Limited pharmacy
- USCG license physical exams
The Health and Counseling Center is located on the main level of Curtis Hall, the student residence.
Hours of Operation:
- Health Center
- Monday - Friday, 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM during the academic year.
- No appointments are necessary.
, RN, BSN, Director of Health Services, (207) 326-2295.
- Counseling Center
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 8 AM to 4 PM
- Wednesday, 1 PM to 9 PM
- Walk-in time is available daily and posted at the Counseling Services office.
- Make an appointment by phone, email or stop by the office.
, MSW, LCSW, Counselor and Prevention Education Coordinator, (207) 326-2419.
Complete confidentiality is maintained.
- There is no fee for students to see the doctor, nurse, or counselor at Health Services. There may be a fee charged to the student account for some supplies and medications that are provided to the students.
- It is MMA policy to assist students with transportation for emergencies or medical and urgent care appointments if they are unable to arrange transportation themselves.
- After hours and on weekends, emergency care can be initiated by calling dialing 911 or calling MMA Security Office (207)326-2479 or ext. 479.
- Local ambulance service is available and healthcare providers are located in hospitals in Blue Hill (20 mi.), Ellsworth (30 mi.), and Bangor (40 mi.).
- The college counselor provides professional personal counseling for students and serves as the Substance Abuse Prevention Education Coordinator. Services are free.
- During the annual training cruise aboard the T.S. State of Maine, a physician and nurse are aboard.
- Physical Examination and Immunization Forms
, RN, BSN, Director of Health Services,
(207) 326-2295 or ext. 295.
- Dr. John Tyler, MD, Academy Physician is available Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri from 8:00 am -12:00 pm and Wed. from 11:00 am - 3:00 pm, during the academic year. Appointments are recommended.
, MSW, LCSW, Counselor and Prevention Education Coordinator, provides personal, crisis and substance abuse counseling and education.
(207) 326-2419 or ext. 419
MMA Counseling Center
- 15% of students are Emergency Medical Technicians.