The Division of Student Services at Maine Maritime Academy is comprised of five unique departments, each listed below with a brief description of their responsibilities on-campus:
· Admissions (meeting prospective student interest)
· Financial Aid (financing the college experience)
· Conferences (reserving campus meeting spaces)
· Health Services (serving physical and psychological wellness)
· Residential Life (housing, student involvement/programs, new student orientation, campus id cards, meal plans)
Counseling Services | Dining | Health Services | Internet/email | Laundry | Mail | Meal Plans | Recreation | Safety & Security | Student Center | Telephones | Transportation
For general division information, contact:
Deidra A. Davis
Dean of Student Services
Maine Maritime Academy
1-800-464-6565 (in Maine)
1-800-227-8465 (out of Maine)
- Located in Health Services area of the residence hall.
- Paul Ferreira, LCSW, our Academy Counselor, is available in the clinic from 0800 - 1600 Monday - Friday. No appointments are necessary.
- MMA provides personal, crisis and substance abuse counseling and education.
- Complete confidentiality is maintained.
- Visit MMA's Health Services website to learn more about services, immunizations, physical examinations, insurances, and more.
- Susan McDonald, RNC, our Director of Health Services is available in the clinic from 0700 - 1500 Monday - Friday. No appointments are necessary.
- The College Physician is available in the clinic from 0800-1100 (Mon.-Fri.), Appointments are recommended.
- Kalene Gauthier is our full-time, certified Athletic Trainer. Her office and facilities are located in the athletic complex.
- It is the Academy policy to assist students with transportation for emergencies or medical and urgent care appointments if they are unable to arrange transportation themselves.
- For urgent care or medical appointments contact Health Services.
- Maine Maritime provides internet access for email, Web browsing, and file transfer.
- All new students are automatically assigned an e-mail account and an access code upon their arrival.
- Students can access these internet services: (1) directly from their own rooms via their own computers, (2) at the computer labs in Curtis Hall and the library, or (3) wireless access on the waterfront, library, and student center.
- For more information on e-mail, internet access, or questions about these services, contact MMA's Computer Services.
- Undergraduate residential students will be required to obtain and maintain their own linen.
- For residents of Curtis Hall, there are four laundry facilities located next to each of the large bathrooms on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th floors. On the first floor they are located within each living area.
- For off-campus students, there is a laundry-mat in town.
Mail/Stamp and Change Services
- Each student is issued a mailbox located in the Student Center.
- Stamps may be purchased in the Bookstore.
- Packages may be picked up at the student mail room, first level of Student Center, during posted hours.
- Contact Public Works at 326-2440 if you need a package when the mailroom is closed.
- There are 3 regular meal plans (21, 17, and 12 meals per week) available.
- Students residing in Curtis Hall are required to have one of the regular meal plans.
- Special dietary needs may be met (vegetarian, religious considerations, etc.).
- See MMA's Dining Services website for more information.
- The best you'll find for a college our size.
- Recreation complex (open daily 7 AM-10 PM) includes:
- basketball gymnasium
- multi-purpose fieldhouse (tennis, volleyball, b-ball, soccer, frisbee, etc.)
- climbing wall, racquetball/squash/wallyball courts
- universal/free weight/aerobics rooms
- multi-purpose athletic fields
- olympic size swimming pool (special hours)
- kayaks, sail,& power boats (with Sailing Master approval)
- Witherle Woods (cycling, jogging, x-country skiing, etc.)
- public golf course across the street
- the Maine coast and Penobscot Bay.
Safety and Security
- Safety & Security is located in room 138, just off the Quarterdeck entrance on the first level of residence hall.
- Provides continuous year-round security and emergency service to the Maine Maritime community.
- Twenty-four hour patrol services are provided with access to local/county and state emergency services.
- For further information, refer to the section in Safety and Security in the Student Handbook
- All meals are served cafeteria and/or buffet style.
- The Dining Hall is located on the second floor of the Student Center.
- Meal hours are posted in the Dining Hall. Changes in meal hours necessitated by special events will be approved by the Executive Director of Student Services.
- Students may have guests eat with them provided proper payment has been made by cash or using your declining balance plan (see Student Handbook).
- A tradition of a neat, clean, respectful demeanor and appearance runs deep at Maine Maritime. Students are expected to dine in clean attire and in a civilized manner. The wearing of a hat at a table is inappropriate.
- If you are a regimental student, your attire and behavior are governed by the Regimental Manual.
- Each room is wired for telephone service. Arrangements for residential phone service are strictly between the occupants and Verizon.
- Cellular phones are allowed but be aware that the reception in our area is "spotty" (got to find the right spot).
- The institution is not responsible for any re-location costs incurred by any type of room change.
- Airport/Bus Shuttle: At the beginning and end of vacation breaks and the end of the academic year, Student Services provides a shuttle service for students to Bangor International Airport and the Greyhound and Concord Coachlines bus stations in Bangor. There is a charge for this service.
Waypoint Snack Bar
- Located on the first level of the Student Center, the Waypoint is the snack bar and small performances entertainment area.
- It's hours are 7 am - 10:30 pm and offers a menu for meals or for the after-studying snack.
- This is where Student Activities and the Activities & Bands Committee (ABC) program entertainment (bands, comedians, D.J.’s etc.).
- Also available: air hockey, and pool tables.